Wednesday, March 14, 2012

1070...


Very early in my travels I wrote about climbing 210 stairs in Porto, Portugal.  This post is about climbing 1070 stairs up the Cerro San Bernardo. When I looked back to see how long ago I had written the first post it turned out to be exactly 7 months ago today. Weird. I'm sure there's some probably some way of looking at it symbolically ("growth" blah, blah) but I'm not delving that deep.

So...yes, yesterday I climbed 1070 stairs. It was one of the most beautiful and peaceful mornings I've had in a long time and it might become a weekly ritual since I live a 10 minute walk from the base of the Cerro San Bernardo. Yes it hurt, but the good kind of hurt and the view from the top quickly erased any memory of my aching muscles. I will say that I miss my iPod, but it was actually kind of nice to listen to the birds and the quiet.

I know I am due for a real post, and I promise one is coming, but for now here are some pictures from yesterday...

~ N